2.1
Style and Design

Ordered a rocking chair at exhorbitant 13K. Order got confirmed and the delivery date was given as May 29 - Jun 4.

June 02nd : The delivery guy calls , I missed the call by 10 seconds, called back, Call diverted and not responded. This repeated 4 times.

June 03rd: Same delivery guy calls, I receive, he said the delivery will be done 2 days later than last date committed. When I track the order, it is at local center, barely 30 mins away. So I told him, why so long and why the delay. He said it will now take 3 days after last date, upon pusuading to do the delivery asap, as I see the item in warehouse, he say that there is no stock and it has to come from Nagpur & hung up and no calls later. I called him, same thing. Call diverted and not responded.

June 04, I called pepperfry , they asked me to call HomeTown (Seller). I was assured that the delivery will be made the same day, never came.

June 05th: I called to complain, they gave me local warehouse number. The local warehouse wanted me to wait another 48 hours before they could come back with status. I demanded a refund as this had disrupted my work schedule. But I had to call the central number again. They registered a complaint (NOW) and said 24 hours before they can update.

June 06th I get the delivery by noon, I had to basically guide the delivery guy turn by turn. I was assured the assembling team will be there shortly, like an hour. It rang 7 pm in the evening and nobody turned up and neither did anyone call.

I started assembling the chair. Below are the pics of the condition of the chair and tools provided.

Chipped Wood, Rusted Hinges, Bent nuts & bolts and threads worn out,

Manufactured on Sep 2017, (against their claim of no stock), screws driven in all direction, very poor joining with some woodpaste slapped to corners & holes to install the nuts was close to edge and not to mention the quality of washers.

I made a verbal complaint, they asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks so that a "technician" can come and examine and validate my claim.

Up yours, pepperfry. !!!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Refusal to acknowledge problem, Poor quality of products.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Jun 06.

Comments

PepperfryCares
Pepperfry Verified Representative

Hi . We're sorry about the bitter experience you had with us. Could you please let us know the name of the product you are referring to and the order details so that we can look into the concern and resolve it as per your satisfaction.