Worst online shopping portal Pepperfry!
Had ordered several sets of curtains for my aged mothers home. After nearly a week to ten days the curtains arrived . The first set of pink curtains had shade variation from one panel to the other. After numerous phone calls and emails, they picked it up and after several reminders, initiated the refund. The next set was a pair of embroidered curtains . When the parcel arrived they had a brown panel on top which did not resemble the image at all. When I called them they initiallyrefused to take it back stating that their returns were only for defective quality. They also said that they were sold out on that when I asked them if they had some more. When I insisted they agreed to take it back . But there was complete silence. Today they have agreed to have them picked up. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
The breaking point are the solid rust curtains as they have shown on their website has no connection to what arrived at my doorstep, the curtains are more of the orange shade. This issue was reported to the on the 1st of November. After several calls at my expense, repeating the same story to various executives Craig, Nooran, Sony, Sumit, Bhavya, Mary. And finally Sarita, I was told that this is a standard item and they cannot take it back.
I am furious and cannot understand why they should sell curtains when they cannot vouch for the product. Why do they have several reasons for return in their returns form when they do not entertain any requests for returns. Their 30 day guarantee sucks. I feel cheated after spending over 10000 on curtains. I have not had any bad experiences with other online shopping portals. They should be blacklisted. Absolutely no follow ups but love to send back feedback forms. It takes years to get a customer but a second to lose one, the top management seem to not know this important dictum.
Never ever go anywhere near Pepperfry. They will fry you and your money!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No accountability
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "order no 303090499 was placed more than a month back for 3 seater sofa. Delivery date promised was 31st March. Around 25th ,someone called from Pepperfry that the delivery..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "I (Milly Mathew, email@example.com) had booked accommodation in the name of Kevin Benny Kuriakose on 12th May 2014 for the Budget Flats Antwerp through Expedia website from 1st June 2014..."
- "100 Worst Buy dot com. (cheated me by saying lucky drawn winner for SONY Z3 mobile) On 9th January 2015 at 12:02 pm I received a call from 100bestbuy.com (+91 8039235800),..."
- "I lost all my hope, it’s been six long years since my son is bedwetting and I felt it was high time to get serious about this. Out of sheer..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."