Pepperfry - Stainless-steel Jewel Bathroom Shelf rusts in 2 weeks
Update added by user May 20, 2015
Pepperfry offered INR 500 coupon on purchase of 700.I declined the offer with the following requests,
Pepperfry give me full refund and take the product back
Prominently display on its website that the product "may not be corrosion resistant under bathroom environment".
I can't see why other consumers should make a misinformed choice.
Original review posted by user May 18, 2015
I bought Jwell Bathroom Shelf - Stainless Steel (SS02 300) from Pepperfry.The so-called stainless steel product started to rust within the first two weeks of installation and is getting worse by the day.
At this rate it will be unusable within a year. Upon contacting pepperfry, it offered to refund me INR 200 and forget all about it. If the company was confident of the product, why the offer of refund. I declined this offer and asked for a full refund.
The company declined. The claim on Pepperfry's website that the product is stainless steel is fraudulent and deceitful. It does not state that the product is not corrosion resistant. British Association of Stainless Steel website states that "The main requirement for stainless steels is that they should be corrosion resistant for a specified application or environment." Shouldn't Pepperfry specify that the product they are marketing may not be corrosion resistant in a bathroom environment.
To reject consumer's complaint in its entirety is disingenuous.I will make sure that no one in my circle buys from Pepperfry again!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Misleading product information
- Refusal to acknowledge problem
- Rejecting consumer complaint
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Jwell Bathroom Shelf
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- "I have purched a recliner in the month of october 2015 and its hardly used and the chusion of the back rest is worn out ,its the first bad..."
- "I was about to seriously consider taking an AMCAT test (which itself is a big mistake) and then, somehow, AMCAT has acquired my email address (there are multiple instances where..."
- "I visited Europe in May and bought Godiva dark chocolates in Belgium. I was told that they are the best chocolates , but to my utter shock when I..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."