Pepperfry - Stainless-steel Jewel Bathroom Shelf rusts in 2 weeks

Update added by user May 20, 2015

Pepperfry offered INR 500 coupon on purchase of 700.I declined the offer with the following requests,

Pepperfry give me full refund and take the product back

Prominently display on its website that the product "may not be corrosion resistant under bathroom environment".

I can't see why other consumers should make a misinformed choice.

Original review posted by user May 18, 2015

I bought Jwell Bathroom Shelf - Stainless Steel (SS02 300) from Pepperfry.The so-called stainless steel product started to rust within the first two weeks of installation and is getting worse by the day.

At this rate it will be unusable within a year. Upon contacting pepperfry, it offered to refund me INR 200 and forget all about it. If the company was confident of the product, why the offer of refund. I declined this offer and asked for a full refund.

The company declined. The claim on Pepperfry's website that the product is stainless steel is fraudulent and deceitful. It does not state that the product is not corrosion resistant. British Association of Stainless Steel website states that "The main requirement for stainless steels is that they should be corrosion resistant for a specified application or environment." Shouldn't Pepperfry specify that the product they are marketing may not be corrosion resistant in a bathroom environment.

To reject consumer's complaint in its entirety is disingenuous.I will make sure that no one in my circle buys from Pepperfry again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Jwell Bathroom Shelf
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #637497 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pepperfry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 18, 2015 #985699

Dear Customer,
We regret to have disappointed you and do not intend to upset any of our customers.Request you to kindly help us with the order details and we shall get this checked on priority.
Team Pepperfry

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.