I ordered a bed and a mattress from Pepperfry in the month of October 2017. At First, bed got delivered whose headboard was broken.

I denied taking delivery and delivery guy requested to accept the bed and that the headboard will get replaced. I then accepted the bed but after chasing for about good two weeks the headboard was delivered but it was somebody else's courier which got delivered to me, i had to return it and then my bed's headboard delivered few days later. Then the chase for installation began. i requested multiple times for installation but again it took good 2 weeks for agent to come over.

By that time i started to face issues with mattress as the cover of the mattress became puffy and was not intact with the mattress. it seemed as if something is there inside bed sheet ( it was very puffy). wherever you sit the cover would come up. i noticed the cover coming up in the first 7 days only but it was not at a very large extent and also i saw that for the first time and so i ignored because i was not aware of the issue.

later it became a major issue and clearly was coming up as a manufacturing defect and hence i requested customer care to look into this. Issue with Pepperfry is that they mention the return duration as 7 days and that post which if there is any defect, pepperfry is not liable. I was asked to directly deal with mattress company and was given a mail Id. This is clearly not right because i bought things from Pepperfry and not directly with the vendor then why should i approach vendor when i am not happy with the quality.

I was helpless and hence approached the vendor, he asked for pictures which i sent to him and then he replaced the mattress ( fine with me) now the trouble is i again received a defective mattress with same quality. I saw same symptoms which i saw in my previous mattress of cover coming up when you sit and puffyness too. now because i had experienced this before so could easily recognize the issue and immediately informed the vendor on the second day of the delivery ( 4th Jan). The vendor denied of the issue and now pepperfry has nothing to do with it.

I got defective mattress twice and i now i have been asked to keep the mattress and no one is helping me. i have written multiple emails to pepperfry and there is no response. The below image is of a mattress which got replaced and on the second day of the usage the cover came up and there is a puff in it. I saw same issue with my previous mattress within one week of usage and i ignored thinking it something else and not any defect and after one month the mattress condition was very bad.

This time i proactively informed everyone of the same issue on the second day itself and to my surprise the vendor told me that i purchased a form mattress and this is normal with form mattress as when you sit, form goes down and cover stays there only . This is a clear fault in the mattress.

Review about: Springtek Sleep Solutions Mattress.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments