Pepperfry - Furniture Set Review from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh

73 of 271 Pepperfry reviews

I have had the worst after sales experience of buying furniture from this company.All the furniture I bought from them(almost 15 pcs) is of solid wood, mainly Sheesham wood.

I ordered this on 30 sep 2014 and got it delivered over the next two months. I discovered a pale yellow powder under the console table every morning . I had no idea what this was. I would dust it off and didn't pay much heed.

Next the coffee tables started oozing out the same powder on the top. The book rack followed. All this in a span of a year. When I investigated, I found that these were wood Borers!

I have a pest control company that takes care of the pest problem in my house (cockroaches).They asked me to contact the supplier as the process of getting rid of these is extremely complicated. To my utter shock, I also discovered that a study table and one coffee table have cracked right in the middle! When I contacted pepperfry, they very conveniently brushed it off saying that it's not under warranty after a year and they can't do anything about it! I have ordered Sheesham wood furniture only for its sturdiness and longevity and it's even worse than modular furniture!

Have you ever heard of Sheesham cracking open???

I am taking these guys to the consumer court and I also want everyone to know that these people are frauds selling inferior quality products that they will not stand by after a year!Shame on them!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sheesham Wood Furniture
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #830810

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pepperfry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
73 of 271 Pepperfry reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.